With the Scrum methodology, the customer becomes enthusiastic and committed to the project as he sees it grow with every iteration. It also allows you to realign the software with the business objectives of your company at any time, since you can introduce functional or priority changes at the beginning of each new iteration without any problem.
But what is SCRUM?
The Scrum methodology is an agile software development methodology that helps teams develop products in short periods, allowing rapid customer feedback, adaptations, and continuous improvement.
Agile methodologies are based on several principles:
- Customer satisfaction through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
- High acceptance and responsiveness to change of the defined requirements.
- Frequent delivery of working software, typically in periods of two weeks to two months.
- Joint work between the business team and developers.
- Creation of motivated and supported teams.
- Face-to-face communication.
- Self-organized teams.
- Continuous feedback on ways to improve effectiveness and make necessary adjustments.
Meeting expectations:The client establishes his expectations, indicating the value provided by each requirement to be worked on.
- Adaptability to changes: High capacity to react to changes according to the client’s needs or market evolutions.
- Reduced Time to Market: The customer can start using the most important functionalities of the project before it is completely finished.
- Higher software quality:The work methodology and the need to obtain a functional version after each iteration, help to obtain a higher quality software.
- Higher productivity: It is achieved, among other reasons, thanks to the elimination of bureaucracy and the motivation of the team given that they are autonomous and self-organized.
- Time predictions: Using this methodology, it is possible to identify the average speed of the team per sprint (the so-called story points), so that consequently, it is possible to easily estimate by when a certain functionality will be available.
- Risk reduction: Tackling the most critical functionalities first and knowing the speed at which the team is progressing in the project, allows us to effectively clear risks in advance.
You may also like
What is the best way to outsource software development?
Agile teams and software factories are two ways of contracting for software development, advantages and [...]
Bilingualism is the best tool for exporting LATAM talent
In the IT industry technical knowledge is relevant, but expanding your challenges and opportunities is [...]
Scrum Roles: Understanding them is the key to achieving your goals in any software development project.
One of the most used methodologies in software development is Scrum, to implement it successfully, [...]
Improve your online sales with Doctus ecommerce diagnosis
With the Doctus FREE ecommerce diagnosis, you can know the status of your B2B or [...]
The 8 most relevant trends for ecommerce in 2023
It is almost essential to have an ecommerce, more and more consumers prefer to buy [...]
Adage Technologies acquires Doctus
Doctus S.A.S [Doctus] has been acquired by Adage Technologies Inc. [Adage], a U.S. company specializing [...]
Know the key responsibilities of the Product Owner in the scrum methodology.
The Product Owner in an agile team must ensure that the team delivers value to [...]
Alert: Here we tell you about the most prevalent Ecommerce Security attack
Ecommerce security is something you cannot afford to overlook; it is an essential aspect in [...]
Medellin, a great potential as a Nearshore for the U.S. market
In Doctus and Medellin we count on strengthening new talent and attracting technology companies to [...]
Brainstorming: what it is, what it is for and how to apply it to software development
Brainstorming is used to solve a problem or generate new ideas to improve a product, [...]
The Metaverse: The future of online shopping?
The metaverse and its evolution, what opportunities this technology offers for ecommerce and why it [...]
Scrum methodology in software development
The Scrum methodology is an agile software development methodology that helps teams to develop products [...]